Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tomorrow is Turkeyday. What are you gonna do about it?

Hello fan. This will be brief, terse, to the point, and not beat around the bush.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving, and I am not preparing a turkey. It was considered for a few minutes; I crave protein like Chrysler craves a few billion dollars, except that my craving doesn't involve screwing people. Just meat. Not screwing meat, eating it. Anyway, here's what's on the menu for tomorrow's feast:

Walnuts toasted with butter, cayenne, and rosemary

Olive bread & goat cheese (the cheese was free from a friend of Liz's!)

An abstract expressionist salad, provided by Tobias

Carrot ginger soup

Roasted roots (good band name, btw)

Lentil Fake Sausage Casserole

Dairy-free pumpkin pie

Homemade ice cream or sorbet

Booze. Well, wine

Tony.

This last dish is the most appetizing, as far as I'm concerned. I hope your mouth is leaking, 'cause mine is. Pictures of food and fun to follow.

No comments: